1. Chandradeep's Commitment To Your Privacy
Chandradeep, trading as "chandradeep.com" (we, us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
2. Personal Information
2.1 What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. Personal Information is information or pieces of information that could allow you to be personally identified.
We may collect and process data about you including the following:
- your name;
- e-mail address;
- phone number and financial, credit and debit card information when you make a purchase or call our customer service number;
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device information;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies including shopping habits and preferences;
- location information;
- aggregate information; and
- demographic information and other information
2.2 How Do We Collect Personal Information?
We and our suppliers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways including:
Through the site
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, making orders and using the site - this includes information you provide when you search for a product, place an order on our site, submit a review or use social media functions on our site or register to our site and when you report a problem with our site;
We may collect Personal Information from you offline such as when you telephone our customer service number. We may record calls for training and quality purposes. Where your call is to be recorded, you will be informed of this at the beginning of the call. We may use the information that we collect from you for training and monitoring the quality of the information that we provide you over the telephone. Call recordings are stored securely and access to such recordings is limited to certain personnel only. Recorded calls will be saved for no longer than is necessary;
Information such as date of birth, gender and post code, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, may be collected when you voluntarily provide this information to us;
From other sources
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, web developer, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, social networking platforms) and may also receive information about you from them. If you elect to connect your social media via our site, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends' profiles. We are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties from which information is received and you should review their policies and practices to ensure you are happy with how they treat your data;
Through your browser or device
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device. We use this information for statistical purposes as well as to ensure that the site functions properly;
Through server log files
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited; and
We may collect the
physical location of your device.
2.3. How Do We Use Personal Information?
We may use information held about you in a number of ways including:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, communicate with you regarding your purchase and respond to your questions and comments;
- To provide you with information about other scientific goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already browsed, purchased or enquired about, in a way that is as relevant to you as possible;
- To build a profile of you with the aim to personalize product and service recommendations, perform targeted marketing, and for the purposes for fraud protection. Some of this profiling information may sit with third parties such as our email and anti-fraud service providers.
- To provide you with information about scientific goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about scientific goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please Contact Us;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and to send administrative information to you, for example changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Please note that because this information is important to your use of the site and treatment of your Personal Information, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications but we will keep such communications to a minimum;
- For our business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our businesses, market research, audits, developing new products, enhancing our site, ensuring content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer, improving our services and products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, tailoring the site's experience and content based on your past activities on the site, gauging customer satisfaction and providing customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with customer issues);
- To process payment. We store fragments of your credit card number, it's expiry date. We do not store the full card number or CVV. Card details entered in checkout are transmitted directly to our payment processing partner (SSLCOMMERZ) from your browser and are not transmitted directly to Chandradeep.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about books, goods or services that may interest you or them;
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
As stated in the sections above, you have various rights with regard to your Personal Information including the right to tell us if you:
- do not want to be contacted in the future by us;
- if you think that any Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or irrelevant; and
If you have any
investigate any complaint, and notify you of our decision in relation to the
complaint, as soon as practicable after it is received.